- Circular to Shareholders
- 6 March 2015
Posting of circular and notice of scheme meeting
6 March 2015
- Condensed consolidated interim results for the 6 months ended 31 Dec 2014
- Interim results
Village is a South African-based, mining and resources investment company, with its ordinary shares listed for trading on the main board of the JSE under the share code VIL. The Company’s assets comprise the following:
- Tau Lekoa Mine, 100% owned by Village, is located in the Klerksdorp goldfields, close to the town of Orkney in the North West Province.
- South Gold Plant, operated by Village’s wholly-owned subsidiary, Nicolor, processes all underground and surface gold material of the Group. The Plant is 160km south west of Johannesburg.
- Lesego Platinum, a world-class platinum project, is 78% owned by Village. Lesego is located on the Eastern Limb of the Bushveld Igneous Complex (BIC), which contains the greatest concentration of the earth’s known platinum group metal (PGM) resources.
- Cons Murch Mine, located in Limpopo Province and 76.6% owned by Village, produced antimony with gold as a by-product and, until recently, was one of the largest global producers of antimony outside China. The company was placed into provisional liquidation on 5 February 2015.
- Buffels Gold Mine (Buffels) is located in the Klerksdorp goldfields of the Witwatersrand Basin. Buffels, which is 100% owned by Village, was placed on care and maintenance during 2013. The mine is currently being rehabilitated.